Twitter Feed

Follow cchsreads on Twitter

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Ten Miles Past Normal


by Frances O'Roark Dowell

I enjoyed this book. It is a little young for high schoolers, but it was still good. Janie Gorman is a freshman who lives on a goat farm. She feels awkward, and is struggling to find her place in a new, big school where having hay in her hair or goat poop on her shoes isolates her from others. The plot isn't amazing but it was still good.
I would describe this as Nilla Wafers, my favorite snack when I was little. It is sweet and reminiscent of simpler sweeter times. Over all I would give this a 4, because I love those books that are short and sweet, without all the drama and over the top problems that most YA books are characterized by.

3 comments:

  1. I can imagine the goat poop would be a barrier to social success in high school! Funny review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed that one too, Clare! It is a breath of fresh air to read about someone whose biggest problem in life is that her parents did what she wanted them to do when she was in elementary school, and is now stuck living on a farm. Delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It wasn't my favorite. Unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete

Twitter Feed

Follow cchsreads on Twitter