Twitter Feed

Follow cchsreads on Twitter

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Girl, Stolen by April Henry


I have once again been thwarted from a good book by its deciving title and cover. This book was like a calzone or chicken pot pie: it looks plain, uninteresting, or weird on the outside, but on the inside it has complex flavors, textures, and colors that makes it suprisingly good. Unfortunately, 'don't judge a book by it's cover' does not have much of an affect on me. This story circulates around a blind girl, Cheyenne, who is accidentally kidnapped by Griffin, a poor son of an abusive father who steals and conducts black market car deals for money. Instead of snagging just a cool car that'll impress Dad, Griffin gets snarled inside a complicated national-news kidnapping. The perspective from a blind person is something I haven't experienced until I read this book. It was quite interesting: I would have to pretend that I was blind while reading and that I can't see things that Cheyenne describes. Alternatively, I'd have to remind myself to put color back in place in Griffin's perspective. It created a situation where your creatitity and perspective in the book was challenged and forced you to pay attention to certain details. It had interesting characters, imagery, and plot. This book is worth your time: I rate it 4 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Feed

Follow cchsreads on Twitter