Twitter Feed

Follow cchsreads on Twitter

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins



Well, it turns out that this is the second book in a series, but I didn't know that when I started, so I read it anyway. There is Prodigium, magical beings, and the Eye, magical being hunters. It strongly reminded me of Romeo and Juliet. Sophie is a demon, one of only two known in the world (the other is her father), and Archer is a warlock who works for the Eye. In the previous book, they developed feelings for each other, and I almost expected Sophie to pretend to die so that she could be with Archer. She spends the summer with her father, her friend, and the Prodigium council, and she's struggling with her her demonic powers. She cannot quite control them, and it is very likely they she will accidentally kill someone. The book was pretty good, and the plot was interesting, but I felt distant from the characters, and the emotions did not come across very well. The writing style was good, and it flowed nicely, although the story was slightly confusing, but I'm going to blame that on the fact that I missed the first book.
It can have a 3.4. It was fairly good, but not the best book I've ever read. It was like a good flavored water; it was nice, but had a funny tinge, slightly familiar, but slips away when you're done with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Feed

Follow cchsreads on Twitter