Twitter Feed

Follow cchsreads on Twitter

Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Midnight Palace by Carlos Ruiz Zafón


This is a cool book. Set in Calcutta in May, 1932, the story is one of a boy named Ben and his twin sister Sheere. They were separated at birth, but they meet again when they turn 16. And there's this awesome guy trying to kill them. I think the villain is amazing; he is creepy, mysterious, and pretty much whatever makes a good villain. The book is eerie and well written. It's complicated, but I won't go into it because then I'll give the whole thing away. I'm not sure how to describe this book without ruining it, but it was great!
I rate it 4.8. The writing was wonderful, the story was exciting, and it only stretched the boundaries of reality a little. It was full of mystique, and it had a some nice humor, though I would not call the book comical. It was like chocolate mousse; it was dark, creamy, wonderful, almost perfect, and it makes you feel happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Feed

Follow cchsreads on Twitter